Nissin MG8000 Extreme Flash for Canon Cameras
- External Diffuser
- Flash Stand
- Soft Case
- Limited 2-Year USA Warranty
The MG8000 Extreme Speedlight from Nissin is a feature-rich and versatile off-camera hot shoe flash that is designed for Canon flash systems. Compatible with E-TTL / E-TTL II, the MG8000 can be used as either a Master or Remote Slave flash alongside these camera systems or other Canon speedlights.
Its heat resistant materials and quartz tube design are designed to provide high heat resistance, allowing you to shoot rapidly at full power without the effects of overheating. Therefore, you won't have to miss out on great shots or expressions just because you're waiting for your flash to cool down.
In addition to the benefits of heat resistance, the flash also has a built-in sub-flash below the main flash head that can be used to fill-in the harsh light cast by the main flash head. When bouncing the light of the main flash up into a ceiling you can get some shadows under the eyes or chin of your subject, which can be corrected for with the light of the sub-flash.
The MG8000 has four different modes, including TTL, Manual, Av and Multi-Flash. These, and all functions, can be selected and customized using the auto-rotating color display right on the back of the flash. Its simple user interface and auto-rotation allows you to easily change settings whether the flash is vertical or horizontal, and quickly see which mode you are using at a glance, based on the menu's color.
To use the flash with the latest Canon cameras you may need a firmware update, but even this is done easily with the built-in mini-USB port that can plug right into a computer for a quick update. You can check the compatibility chart from Nissin by clicking here.
In addition to the mini-USB port there is an X-terminal socket for flash synchronization, as well as an external Power Pack socket for Nissin Power Packs. You can also power the flash by four "AA" batteries all loaded in the same direction via the quick-loading magazine, so you can insert the batteries correctly every time, even in poor lighting conditions.
- Compatible with Canon E-TTL / E-TTL II
- Guide Number: 198' at ISO 100 and 105mm
- Zoom Range: 24-105mm (18mm with Panel)
- Tilts Upward 90°
- Rotates Left 90° & Right 180°
- Wireless Master/Slave TTL Functionality
- Multi Flash Mode & PC Sync Port
- Recycle Time: 0.1-5.5 Seconds
- Slow, High-Speed, 1st & 2nd Curtain Sync
- Runs on 4 AA Batteries
- Mount: Shoe
- Guide No.: 198' (60.35 m) ISO100 at 105 mm position
- Vari-Power: 1/1 - 1/128
- Bounce Head: 0° to +90°
- Swivel Head: 270°
- Coverage: 18 mm - 105 mm (Full frame)
- Zoom Head: Full frame: 24 mm - 105 mm
- Off Camera Terminal: PC
- Recycle Time: Approximately 0.1 - 5.5 seconds
- Flash Duration: 1/300 - 1/30000 sec
- Flash-ready Indicato:r Yes
- Compensation: -3 EV to +3 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
- Slave Timing Modes: Instant Sync; Skip Preflash
- Wireless Communication Channels: 4 Channels
- Wireless Groups: 3 Groups
- Power Source: 4x AA Alkaline, Rechargeable NiMH Batteries