PocketWizard AC3 ZoneController for Nikon DSLR
- PocketWizard AC3 for Nikon
- Quick Guide
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
When you add the Pocket Wizard AC3 ZoneController for Nikon to your on-camera MiniTT1 Transmitter or FlexTT5 Transceiver, you instantly have three zones of flash control. Whether in E-TTL II or Manual mode, you have control over all your flashes from your camera position. Put your flashes wherever you want, without worrying about having to access them during a shoot.
Three clearly labeled dials let you increase or decrease power to three zones of flash in 1/3-stop increments--with a range of up to six stops. Three switches allow you to change zones between Manual, Auto (PowerTracking/E-TTL II) or OFF. Best of all, the design is simple to use, with an intuitive interface. When matched with the PowerST4 or AC9 AlienBees Adapter, you can now control ElinchromRX1, White Lightning2 and AlienBees2 flashes right from the camera's position.
- ControlTL™: PocketWizard’s new firmware platform taps into the full potential of your camera and flash system enabling an entirely new level of remote flash capability through our proven radio communications. ControlTL firmware is configurable and upgradeable for “future-proof” continuous improvement.
- E-TTL II and CLS/i-TTL Compatibility: Designed to work seamlessly with Nikon CLS/i-TTL, the AC3 ZoneController removes operating complexity with its easy-to-use design.
- Manual Power Control: With three simple dials, you can quickly adjust the power settings for three independent zones in 1/3rd stop increments with a six stop range.
- ZoneControl: Control up to three zones of light, each with one or more flashes, right from the camera’s position. Set them all on manual, auto, or mix the settings between zones. Need to turn a zone off?Just slide a switch and it’s off.
- SpeedCycler with an AC3 ZoneController: Previously only seen with PocketWizard’s MultiMAX radios, this new mode is designed to rapidly cycle through multiple flash units fired individually in sequence. This allows photographers to fire a camera in sync with flashes faster than a single flash unit can recycle. It can also be used for triggering remote cameras sequentially. SpeedCycler is engaged on a transmitting MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 via the PocketWizard Utility. SpeedCycler mode requires an AC3 ZoneController in the top hot-shoe of the on-camera PocketWizard radio. Zones A, B, and C will be triggered sequentially and individual zones can be disabled by setting the AC3’s Zone Switch to the off position. Both TTL and manual flash controls are supported.
- Flash Power Control without a Camera: Photographers can now take their AC3 and transmitting radio off-camera and use it to set power levels for any flash with a ControlTL receiver, making it more convenient to use an optically triggered light meter, or control the power levels with just a MiniTT1/FlexTT5 and AC3 in their hand while another photographer takes the pictures. Previously, an AC3 ZoneController on a MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 needed to be on camera to send manual power levels to remote flashes. Now, when connected to a MiniTT1 or FlexTT5, manual power levels are transmitted to remote flashes when the TEST button is pressed even when the transmitter is off the camera. This affects both speedlights connected to receiving FlexTT5s and larger flashes like AlienBees and Elinchrom RX units with ControlTL receivers.
- PowerTracking: In Auto Mode, change ISO, aperture, or FEC and the lights automatically adjust their compensating power setting with PocketWizard PowerTracking. Set your AC3 ZoneController to manual and PowerTracking is turned off for absolute manual control. PowerTracking can be customized via the PocketWizard Utility.
- Studio Flash Compatibility: When used in conjunction with a PowerST4 Receiver for Elinchrom RX, a FlexTT5 paired with an AC9 AlienBees Adapter or a PowerMC2 for Einstein™ E640 Flash, you have remote power control over Elinchrom RX, AlienBees and White Lightning studio flash. You can also mix these with Canon E-TTL, Nikon CLS/i-TTL or any other PocketWizard triggered flash.
- Simple Design: The AC3 weighs almost nothing and slips into the top-shoe of your on-camera MiniTT1 or FlexTT5. There are three dials and three switches, one for each zone.
- Auto-Manual Switch: This switch allows you to set each zone to either Manual Power Control, Auto (PowerTracking, E-TTL II, CLS/i-TTL) or Off. Set it to off and that zone will not fire.
- Easy to read dials: Clearly labeled from +3 to -3 in 1/3rd stop increments. In Auto mode, the dials act as flash exposure compensation. In manual mode, +3 on the dial is your flashes maximum power level. Adjust the dial down to control your power in 1/3rd stop increments for up to six stops of control.
- Compatibility: Nikon CLS/i-TTL, Elinchrom RX, AlienBees, White Lightning, Einstein™ E640 Flash
- Mounting: Hot shoe
- Selector Switch: Off, Manual, Auto (PowerTracking, E-TTL II, CLS/i-TTL)
- Adjustment Range: Auto = +/- 3 stops, 1/3 stop increments
- Status indicator: LED: Green status indicator
- Operating temperature: Above -15° C (5° F) and below 50° C (120° F)
- Storage temperature (without battery): Above -30° C (22° F) and below 85° C (185° F)
- Construction: High impact plastic
- Power: No battery required. Minimal power requirements received from the MiniTT1 or FlexTT5.
- Dimensions: 2" (5cm) wide x 1.7" (4.2 cm) long x .9" (2.1cm) tall
- Weight: .82 ounces (23.25 grams)
- RoHS Compliant
- Requirements: MiniTT1 Transmitter or FlexTT5 Transceiver with firmware version 5.150 (or later) needed as a host.
- UPC: 893577001743
- Model: PW-AC3-N
We Also Recommend