PocketWizard AC9 AlienBees Adapter for Nikon DSLR
- AC9 Adapter
- RJ-14 Connector Cord
- Sync Adapter Plug for Disabling Optical Slave
- Quick Guide
- 1 Year Manufacturer's Warranty
The AC9 AlienBees Adapter paired with a FlexTT5 Transceiver enables remote power control of AlienBees or White Lightning Flash.
You can now adjust the power settings on your flashes directly from the camera’s position with a MiniTT1 Transmitter or FlexTT5 Transceiver.
Utilize PocketWizard’s unique features such as HyperSync and Optimized Rear Curtain Sync for maximum control of your lighting.
- ControlTL: PocketWizard’s new firmware platform taps into the full potential of your camera and flash system enabling an entirely new level of remote flash capability through our proven radio communications. ControlTL firmware is configurable and upgradeable for “future-proof” continuous improvement.
- Manual Power Control: When the AC9 is used with a FlexTT5 Transceiver and paired with either an on-camera MiniTT1 or FlexTT5, you can adjust the power settings of your AlienBees/White Lightning flashes directly from the camera’s position. This can be done with either the Flash Exposure Compensation dial or add the AC3 ZoneController for three zones of power control.
- ZoneControl: Use either the AC3 ZoneController or a MultiMAX radio to control up to three zones of light with as many lights in each zone as you want. Use the A-B-C zone switch on the AC9-paired FlexTT5 to assign the zone.
- PowerTracking: In Auto Mode, change ISO, aperture, or FEC and the lights automatically adjust their compensating power setting with PocketWizard PowerTracking. Set your AC3 ZoneController to manual and PowerTracking is turned off for absolute manual control. PowerTracking can be customized via the PocketWizard Utility.
- HyperSync™: HyperSync allows photographers to achieve faster X-sync speeds, all the way up to 1/8000 second*, will full power flash. Now you can cut the ambient light and use wide-open apertures, outdoors in bright sunlight. That extra speed can also freeze action, whether shooting models or athletes in motion. (*camera and flash model dependent).
- HyperSync Automation: With ControTL Firmware updates to the MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 for Canon (6.0) and Nikon (3.0), adjusting HyperSync has now been automated. HyperSync can now be adjusted in two seperate places - – on the transmitter and on the receiving ControlTL radio. The transmitting or on-camera MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 automatically adjusts HyperSync to compensate for changes made to shutter speed. Photographers can further refine HyperSync via the PocketWizard Utility.
- Low-Profile Design: The AC9 is tiny and simply slides onto the FlexTT5 hot shoe and plugs into the remote socket on the flash using the supplied cord.
- No batteries Required: The AC9 gets its power from the paired FlexTT5.
- Mounting: Hot shoe
- Voltage Present: 3.3 VDC (all pins) - safe for all cameras
- Operating temperature: Above -15° C (5° F) and below 50° C (120° F)
- Storage temperature (without battery): Above -30° C (22° F) and below 85° C (185° F)
- Construction: High impact plastic
- Power: Receives power from the FlexTT5 Transceiver
- Dimensions: 1.9" (4.7cm) long x 1.6" (4.0 cm) wide x 1" (2.5 cm) tall
- Weight: .81 ounces (22.96 grams)
- RoHS Compliant
- Requirements: Must be used on a FlexTT5 Transceiver and in conjunction with an on-camera MiniTT1 Transmitter or FlexTT5 Transceiver for power control capability.
- UPC: 893577001750
- Model: PW-AC9-N
We Also Recommend