PocketWizard FlexTT5 Transceiver For Nikon TTL Flashes and Digital SLR Cameras
- PocketWizard FlexTT5 for Nikon
- USB Mini Cable
- 2 x AA Battery
- PocketWizard Utility Software Disk
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
Use the FlexTT5 Transceiver with the MiniTT1 Transmitter to control single or multiple off-camera electronic or intelligent i-TTL / CLS Speedlights.
You can now place TTL or manual flashes anywhere to illuminate the scene: Around corners, out-of-sight and in bright sunlight. The MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 are compatible with any PocketWizard radio for triggering manual flash or remote cameras.
- ControlTL™: PocketWizard’s newest firmware platform taps into the camera’s digital communications to enable an entirely new level of remote flash capability through our proven radio system. ControlTL allows remote i-TTL for Nikon CLS / i-TTL systems as well as Manual Power Control. ControlTL firmware is configurable and upgradeable for “future-proof” continuous improvement.
- Dedicated CLS / i-TTL Triggering: Locking your FlexTT5 Transceiver into the hot shoe of a Nikon DSLR camera, and mounting CLS / i-TTL flashes onto FlexTT5 Transceivers gives you full flash exposure control with the freedom and reliability of a PocketWizard radio. There are no special settings to make or modes to call up. Use the camera’s exposure compensation controls for basic control of remote flashes, or add an AC3 ZoneController or Nikon Master unit for even more flexibility.
- Manual Power Control: Adjust the manual power settings of your remote Nikon Speedlights directly from a SB-800, SB-900 flash or PocketWizard AC3 ZoneController mounted on your on-camera FlexTT5. Working with a Nikon SB-800, SB-900 or AC3 in the shoe of the FlexTT5, you can independently control the power output of up to three remote groups of lights (you can have as many lights in each group as you want) from full power down to the lowest setting. Now you can work with total control with your remote lights, without leaving your shooting position. Nikon SU-800 Wireless Speedlight Commander may also be used.
- Zone Select: The FlexTT5 Transceiver has an A-B-C zone select switch to allow use with the remote groups/zones found on on the PocketWizard AC3 ZoneController or Nikon flashes. Zones allow you to control single or groups of lights independently from other lights in different zones. These zones can also be used with a MultiMAX thus allowing you to pair a single MultiMAX radio on camera with FlexTT5's Transceivers on your remote flashes and utilize many of the MultiMAX's advance trigger functions.
- HyperSync™: Our patent pending HyperSync technology allows photographers to achieve faster X-sync speeds, sometimes up to 1/8000 of a second, with full power flash. Now you can cut the ambient light and use wide-open apertures, outdoors in bright sunlight. HyperSync automatically adjusts the timing of your flash trigger so that faster than X-sync speeds can be achieved. With certain Nikon camera and flash combinations, you can achieve sync all the way to 1/8000th of a second. Just imagine what you can do using flash in bright sun with wide open apertures and fast shutter speeds. Since HyperSync is a trigger function you can use any PocketWizard Receiver including the FlexTT5, PlusX, Plus III, Plus II or MultiMAX. HyperSync works optimally with Studio flash.
- HyperSync™ Automation: HyperSync Automation adjusts HyperSync timing in two separate places – on the transmitter and on the receiving ControlTL radio. The transmitting or on-camera MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 automatically adjusts HyperSync to compensate for changes made to shutter speed. Photographers can further refine HyperSync via the PocketWizard Utility. For more information on Configuring HyperSync Automation, visit the HyperSync section of the PocketWizard Wiki.
- High Speed Sync (Auto FP): When HyperSync can’t keep up, FP/High Speed Sync takes over for Speedlight flash photography all the way to 1/8000. Use this feature to shoot wide open in bright sun for amazing results. ControlTL optimizes this amazing feature by shortening the flash burst to the precise amount needed resulting in faster recycling times and more flashes per battery set when shooting in Nikon's HSS/FP Flash mode.
- High Speed Sync (HSS / FP Sync) Disable Mode: Select either HSS Sync or HyperSync™ at shutter speeds above x-sync. This allows you to use HyperSync and the benefit of full power flash all the way up to 1/8000 with certain flash systems.
- Rear Curtain Sync: Precise rear curtain sync capability is engaged using the camera's sync settings. Capture natural light trails with sharp exposures at the end – no “after trails!”
- Pre-Flash Boost: Nikon flashes use a dual preflash system to calculate i-TTL exposure values. In many TTL situations, including shooting in full sun, over long distance or using diffusers or bounce flash, the normal pre-flash is simply not enough for the camera to see. PocketWizard's Pre-Flash Boost increases your remote Nikon flashes first preflash by three stops and, if necessary, the second preflash by one stop. The boost level can also be adjusted at the flash if necessary.
- PowerTracking: When working with the PowerST4, PowerMC2 and AC9/FlexTT5 paired with compatible manual flashes, you can change any of your settings on your camera and the system adjusts for those changes. Change your exposure compensation to adjust the exposure or make adjustments in aperture or ISO and the system balances your flash for proper exposure.
- Basic Trigger Mode: Allows the FlexTT5 to work as a transmitter on ANY camera it will fit.
- PocketWizard Compatible: The MiniTT1 sends out two trigger signals; one on the new ControlTL channels, and another on the same channels as all standard trigger PocketWizard radios, so they will work with any unit you may already have.
- PocketWizard Utility - Programmable and Upgradeable: Use the supplied PocketWizard Utility software with the on-board USB port to program the FlexTT5 to any PocketWizard channel and zone as well as many other custom settings. The FlexTT5 can be upgraded whenever updates and feature enhancements are available.
- Auto-Sensing Transceiver Technology: PocketWizard's Auto-Sensing Transceiver Technology enables the FlexTT5 Transceiver to switch back and forth between Transmitter and Receiver modes as needed for greater flexibility on the job. All PocketWizard Transceivers default to Reciever mode. When a hot shoe or other trigger is detected, it automatically switches to Transmitter mode.
- Auto-Relay Mode: Easily trigger a remote camera in sync with distant remote flashes with Auto-Relay Mode. Put a camera where you can't be and have remote TTL or manual lighting at the same time. Expand your coverage and increase your creativity.
- Channels / Learn Mode: The FlexTT5 has two channel configuration settings; C1 and C2. Each can be programmed as needed with up to 20 ControlTL channels for TTL photography or Manual Power Control, or 32 standard channels for manual flash photography. Channels can be configured with the PocketWizard utility or use the Learn function to quickly program channels, or the reset function to configure back to factory settings.
- ZoneControl: Add the AC3 ZoneController on top of your FlexTT5 and gain three zones of power control right from the camera’s position. Works in both auto/CLS/i-TTL and manual. Shut down an entire zone with the flick of a switch. AC3 ZoneController sold separately.
- SpeedCycler with an AC3 ZoneController: Previously only seen with PocketWizard’s MultiMAX radios, this new mode is designed to rapidly cycle through multiple flash units fired individually in sequence. This allows photographers to fire a camera in sync with flashes faster than a single flash unit can recycle. It can also be used for triggering remote cameras sequentially. SpeedCycler is engaged on a transmitting MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 via the PocketWizard Utility.SpeedCycler mode requires an AC3 ZoneController in the top hot-shoe of the on-camera PocketWizard radio. Zones A, B, and C will be triggered sequentially and individual zones can be disabled by setting the AC3’s Zone Switch to the off position. Both TTL and manual flash controls are supported.
- Flash Power Control without a Camera: Photographers can now take their AC3 and transmitting radio off-camera and use it to set power levels for any flash with a ControlTL receiver, making it more convenient to use an optically triggered light meter, or control the power levels with just a MiniTT1/FlexTT5 and AC3 in their hand while another photographer takes the pictures. Previously, an AC3 ZoneController on a MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 needed to be on camera to send manual power levels to remote flashes. Now, when connected to a MiniTT1 or FlexTT5, manual power levels are transmitted to remote flashes when the TEST button is pressed even when the transmitter is off the camera. This affects both speedlights connected to receiving FlexTT5s and larger flashes like AlienBees and Elinchrom RX units with ControlTL receivers.
- Camera/Flash Ports: The FlexTT5 Transceiver has two plug-in ports for use with remote CLS / i-TTL cameras and other flash units, including studio strobes. With its auto-relay function, the FlexTT5 can trigger a remote camera and transmit to a remote strobe.
- Continuous Fast FPS: Never before have you been able to shoot remote CLS / i-TTL non-stop in continuous high-speed mode. Fill the buffer! Nothing else comes close.
- Low-Profile Design: The FlexTT5 lies flat, stays out of the way and features a flip-up antenna for additional range when needed.
- Auto Trigger Select for ControlTL: The hot shoe on both the MiniTT1 and Flex TT5 will trigger just about any hot shoe flash placed into it in addition to the Nikon Speedlight's it is designed for. Yes, you can now fire just about any hot shoe flash including Vivatar, Canon, etc., in manual mode only and not TTL mode. (max trigger voltage < 50V, use P2 port for up to 200V)
- Built-in Hot Shoe: Lock your Canon flash into the FlexTT5’s dedicated hot shoe and combine your remote flash with on-camera flash or use the on-camera flash for additional CLS / i-TTL or Manual Power Control only. The metal and glass reinforced resin hot shoe assembly is a superstructure onto itself and incredibly durable. The best part; no more cords.
- Continuous Remote Camera Triggering: This allows for triggering a continuous motor drive burst of a camera connected to the P1 port on a remote FlexTT5.
- Transmit Only Mode: This prevents an incoming trigger signal firing your on-camera FlexTT5 and flash, in situations where multiple photographers are using the same set of remote PocketWizard radios.
- TTL Compatibility: Nikon i-TTL
- Frequency: 340.00 - 354.00 MHz US FCC / IC
- Channels: 52 Channels over 26 Frequencies (FCC/IC)
- Antenna: 2.7" (6.9 cm) rubberized with 180 degree swing
- Transmit output power: Less than 0.001 watt (1/1000 of a watt or 1 milliwatt)
- Range Performance: Up to 10 to 240 meters (30 to 800 feet) for E-TTL II triggering. Up to 10 to 365 meters (30 to 1200 feet) for basic triggering. Range is dependent on multiple factors including equipment, mode, environment, positioning, orientation and interference.
- Mounting: Hot Shoe, 1/4-20, lanyard, velcro
- Maximum Shooting Rate Frames per second (fps): TTL Mode: within 1 FPS of camera's maximum FPS; Basic Trigger Mode: Camera Max FPS
- Power / Channel Switch: OFF - C.2 - C.1
- Zone Select Switch: A-B-C (matches Nikon zones)
- Status Indicator: LED: Green, Amber, Red status indications
- Camera / P1 Port: 1/8" (3.5 mm) stereo miniphone for 2-stage remote camera triggering. Port Voltage Handling: up to 50 Volts, 100 milliamp continuous
- Flash / P2 Port: 1/8" (3.5 mm) mono miniphone. Port Voltage Handling: up to 200 Volts, 4 amps peak, 250 milliamp continuous, non-polarized
- Minimum Receive Contact Time: Camera / P1 Port = 80 milliseconds
- Flash / P2 Port = 500us
- Voltage Present: 3.3 VDC (all pins) - safe for all cameras
- Hot Shoe voltage protection: up to 50V
- USB: USB Compliant 2.0, Mini-B Connector, 5VDC regulated, 100mA, Pin 1 Positive, Pin 4 Ground
- Operating Temperature: Above -15° C (5° F) and below 50° C (120° F).
- Storage Temperature (without battery): Above -30 C (-22 F) and below 85 C (185 F)
- Construction: High impact plastic, captive battery door, Hot Shoe made of glass reinforced resin
- Power: Two (2) AA (IEC:LR6) Alkaline recommended, other chemistries (NiMH, NiCAD, Lithium) allowed, USB
- Battery Life: 60 + Hours
- Dimensions: 3.6" (9.2 cm) long x 2.9" (7.3 cm) wide x 1.4" (3.6 cm) tall, antenna lowered
- Weight: 5.4 oz (153 grams) 3.8 oz (108 grams) without batteries
- UPC: 893577001552
- Model: PW-FLEX-N
We Also Recommend