PocketWizard PowerMC2 Receiver for Einstein E-640
- PocketWizard PowerMC2 Receiver for Einstein E-640
- Quick Guide
- 2-Year Limited Warranty
The PowerMC2 Receiver Module enables remote power control of Einstein™ E640 flashes using PocketWizard ControlTL technology. With a MiniTT1 Transmitter or FlexTT5 Transceiver on your camera and a PowerMC2 plugged into your Einstein™ E640 flash, you can now adjust the flash power settings directly from the camera position.
Add the AC3 ZoneController and you can control three different zones of lights in 1/3-stop increments with up to a six-stop range. Utilize PocketWizard’s unique features such as HyperSync and Optimized Rear Curtain Sync for maximum control of your lighting.
- PocketWizard’s new firmware platform taps into the full potential of your camera and flash system enabling an entirely new level of remote flash capability through our proven radio communications. ControlTL firmware is configurable and upgradeable for “future-proof” continuous improvement.
- When the PowerMC2 is paired with either the MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 on camera, you can adjust the power settings of your Einstein E640 lights directly from the camera’s position either with the Flash Exposure Compensation dial or add the AC3 ZoneController for three zones of power control.
- Use the AC3 ZoneController to control up to three zones of light with as many lights in each zone as you want. Designate either A-B-C zones via the User Interface on the Einstein E640 Flash. Channel "D" is also available when receiving on a MultiMAX channel.
- In Auto Mode, change ISO, aperture, or FEC and the lights automatically adjust their compensating power setting with PocketWizard PowerTracking. Set your AC3 ZoneController to manual and PowerTracking is turned off for absolute manual control. PowerTracking can be customized via the PocketWizard Utility.
- HyperSync allows photographers to achieve faster X-sync speeds, all the way up to 1/8000 second*, with full power flash. Now you can cut the ambient light and use wide-open apertures, outdoors in bright sunlight. That extra speed can also freeze action, whether shooting models or athletes in motion. (*camera and flash model dependent).
- With ControTL Firmware updates to the MiniTT1 and FlexTT5 for Canon (6.0) and Nikon (3.0), adjusting HyperSync has now been automated. HyperSync can now be adjusted in two seperate places - – on the transmitter and on the receiving ControlTL radio. The transmitting or on-camera MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 automatically adjusts HyperSync to compensate for changes made to shutter speed. Photographers can further refine HyperSync via the PocketWizard Utility. Please visit wiki.pocketwizard.com/HyperSync to learn more about configuring HyperSync with a PowerMC2.
- Use the PocketWizard Utility with the PowerMC2’s USB port to program the receiver to your preferred settings. You can control your modeling light, program your initial power settings, and adjust HyperSync settings, among other things, using the Utility. The PowerMC2 can be easily upgraded whenever updates and feature enhancements are available.
- The PowerMC2 can be programmed as needed with up to 20 ControlTL channels for Manual Power Control, or 32 standard channels for simple triggering.
- The PowerMC2 Receiver operates on the same channels as all other PocketWizard radios and will work with any PocketWizard radio you may already have.
No batteries required
- Frequency: FCC/IC model: 340.00 - 354.00 North America
- Channels: 52 Channels over 26 Frequencies - FCC/IC
- Antenna: 2.7" (6.9 cm) rubberized
- Mounting: Five-pin remote socket
- Zone Select Switch: A-B-C, Plus Zone "D" if receiving on a Quad-Zone Triggering Channel.
- Status Indicator: LED: Green, Amber, Red Status indications
- USB: USB Compliant 2.0, Mini-B Connector, 5VDC regulated, 100mA, Pin 1 Positive, Pin 4 Ground
- Operating temperature: Above -15° C (5° F) and below 50° C (120° F)
- Storage temperature (without battery): Above -30° C (22° F) and below 85° C (185° F)
- Construction: High impact plastic, rubberized antenna
- Power: Receives power from attached flash
- Dimensions: 4.66" (11.84 cm) long x 1.29" (3.27 cm) wide x .43" (1.09 cm) depth
- Weight: .77 ounces (21.83 grams)
- RoHS Compliant
- Requirements: Must be used in conjunction with a MiniTT1 or FlexTT5 on camera for power control capability. May be paired with any PocketWizard transmitter or transceiver for simple triggering.