Aputure DEC Vari-ND Wireless Lens Remote Adapter [Two Mount Options]
- Control Box
- Transparent Lens Assembly
- Claw Clip
- LANC Cable
- Charge & Update Cable
- Safe Case
- Limited 1 Year Warranty
The Aputure DEC Vari-ND is a wireless remote adapter that allows you to attach Canon EF-mount lenses to MFT mount or E-mount cameras. In addition to retaining all the features of previous DEC adapters, it is also equipped with an electronic variable ND filter, ranging from ND8 to ND2048. Multiple steps of light adjustment allow you to shoot with a wide-open aperture in bright light. The DEC Vari-ND expands the capabilities of Canon EF-mount lenses when you shoot with Micro Four Thirds or E-Mount professional cameras.
The DEC Vari-ND has a built-in liquid crystal variable ND filter, which can achieve ND8-ND2048. That’s a range of 9 stops of adjustable neutral density. When shooting, it not only can reduce the amount of light for longer exposure, but it allows you to shoot motion blur under bright light with the iris wide open. It can also help to achieve cinematographic depth of field, bringing more creativity and flexibility to your films.
The DEC Vari-ND has an optical design. It uses industry-standard lens and coating technologies. The high transparency of the crystal lens assembly can reach up to 98%. The adapter produces neutral colors with no shifting that traditional ND filters cause. There is also no polarization, which can sometimes create the “X” pattern on your footage.
The DEC Vari-ND is compatible with all native Canon EF/EF-S lenses and MFT or E-mount cameras. With the adapter and its control system, you can wirelessly control focus, aperture, and focus with A-B points. It’s a smart adapter solution for your Canon glass.
The DEC Vari-ND has a new control box design, with an added wheel on the control box to manually control the intensity of ND and aperture. Now, not only can you control these values wirelessly via the supplied hand grip, but you can control them from the adapter itself.
With a simple click, you can choose between the Vari-ND filter or a transparent lens. When you’re in dark environments where you don’t need ND, your DEC Vari-ND can act simply as a follow focus adapter.
The DEC Vari-ND is mainly made with copper and aircraft-grade aluminum. The inside is crafted with velvet for optimum stability. The transparent lens cartridge comes with its own ABS case, and the entire package comes with an additional impact-proof hardshell case.
- Built in Electronic Vari-ND Filter, 9 Stops of Light Adjusting
- No Color Shift, No X Pattern
- Smart Plug-In Design, Fit For Flexible Usage
- Retains All DEC Features
- Adjustable via Control Box Buttons
- Used For E-Mount & MFT Cameras And Canon EF& EF-S AF Lens
- Adapter Voltage: 3.7V
- Grip Voltage: 3.7V
- Adapter Battery Capacity: 1400mAh
- Grip Battery Capacity: 2600 mAh
- Port for Adapter: Micro USB (Charge/Remote/Update)
- Port for Grip: Micro USB (Charge)
- Charge Voltage: 5V
- Peak Current for Adapter: ≤500mA
- Peak Current for Grip: ≤300mA
- Battery Life for Adapter: ≤10h
- Battery Life for Grip: ≤48h
- Operating Temperature: 0℃-40℃
- Storage Temperature: -20℃-60℃
- Humidity: 65±20% (without condensation)
- Remote Range: 2.4GHz
- Remote Range: ≤100m
- Compatible Lenses: Canon EF, EF-S AF lenses