Kenko KFM-1100 Auto Digi Meter
Couldn't load pickup availability
- Kenko KFM-1100 Auto Digi Meter
- Spherical Diffuser
- Neck Strap
- 1 Year Limited Warranty
The KFM-1100 shutter speed can be selected in a range from as long as 30 minutes to as fast at 1/8000 of a second (This range is selectable in full stop, _ stop or 1/3 stop increments). The light reading is displayed on the meter’s LCD window as both digital and analog data. If you wish to select a different shutter speed after a reading is taken, the aperture reading will automatically change accordingly. The KFM-1100 can read a very wide range of light from the very low equivalent EV -2.0 to EV 19.9 (incident light based on ISO 100). The meter can also be set to a Cine mode to be used with Cine cameras and display light readings from 8 to 128 frames/sec.
When using with flash, select Cord or Non-Cord depending on the shooting conditions. For Cord setting, connect the Flash sync-cord to the Sync Terminal in the front of the KFM-1100 then a light reading can be taken by simply pressing the Measurement button on the side of the meter. When using a non-cord set-up, pressing the measurement button sets the meter in stand-by mode. When the flash is fired manually, the meter takes a reading.
When taking readings in mixed flash and ambient lighting, the KFM-1100 can measure the flash and ambient light almost simultaneously. The percentage of flash light in the over-all exposure is then displayed in the analyze scale on the LCD. The analyze scale is divided into 4 sections, each section represents flash contribution of approximately 25% of the total lighting. For example, if 3 sections of the analyze scale are lit, the flash to ambient light ratio is approx. 75% flash to 25% ambient. After taking a reading, the shutter speed can be changed and the meter will recalculate the exposure. Setting a slower shutter speed would result in a greater ambient to flash ratio. Setting a faster shutter speed would result in a lesser ambient to flash ratio. The analyze scale helps you balance the 2 sources of lighting for more predictable results, so you can set the lighting and exposure to get the look you want.
The KFM-1100s calculation function can be used to average readings stored in memory or bias exposures toward shadow or highlights when taking reflected light readings. This allows for more accurate recording of shadow or highlight detail.
The KFM-1100 has a brightness difference function that can be used to adjust lighting ratios or check for background light uniformity, very useful for product photography, portraits, etc. Checking for lighting uniformity across the entire seen is a critical use for light meters.Simply take a reading on your main reference point, then press the S/A/H button and then take reading on the other areas of the scene. The meter will display the brightness differences in term of +/- EV in 0.1 EV increments.
- Simple and easy-to-use ambient/flash meter
- Accurate and full featured
- "Analyze" function for mixed lighting
- Flash-ambient ratio calculations
- Cord or cordless operation
- Reception Method: Incident-light readings
- Receptors: Incident- Spherical diffuser, 270° Rotating receptor head
- Receptor Elements: Silicon photocell
- Measuring Modes: AMBI- Ambient light
- Measuring Range: Ambient light EV +/- 2.0 to 19.9, Flash-Incident light reading +/- 0.1 stop
- Flash for incident light: F No. 1.0 to 128 + 0.9 Stop
- For 40° Reflected light: F No. 1.0 to 90 + 0.9 stop
- For 5° Spot Viewfinder: F No. 1.0 to 90 + 0.9 stop
- Repeatability: +/- 0.1 EV
- F Number: F No. 1.0 to 128 + 0.9 stops (0.1 stop incr.)
- EV value: -17 to 40.8 (0.1 stop incr.)
- Ambient: 30 minutes to 1/8000 sec.
- Flash: 1 to 1/1000 sec.
- Frame Rate: 8 to 128 frames/sec
- ISO sensitivity: 3 to 8000
- Exposure Difference: -10 to +10 (0.1 stop)
- Analog Scale: F No. 1.0 to 90 (1/2 Stop)
- Analyze Scale: Ratio between Flash and Ambient, 0 to 100% in 25% increments
- Power: One AA Alkaline dry-cell battery
- Battery Life: Approx. 50 hours continuous reading in AMBI mode
- Operation Temperature Range: 15 to 120° (-10 to + 50 C) with 85% relative humidity
- Dimensions: 2.25 in (57mm) W x 6.2 in (157mm) H x 1.0 in. (26mm) D
- Weight: 4.7 oz. (135g) w/o battery